- Discuss Ch. 26-28
- Universal Childhood experience interviews– interview two people who grew up different in generation or location
- What pretend games did you play? What did you do in your free time? What did you do after school?
- What kind of chores do you need?
- Did you get in trouble after school or at home?
- what for?
- what were the consequences?
- Do you remember ever getting away with something?
- What was your relationship like with your siblings?
- What was school like? What types of assignments/schoolwork did you have? Homework? Punishments?
- What was the influence of religion?
- What sports did you play and how was it? (Was it different than today?)
- How was safety and health for kids different? Were there different rules and expectations?
- Ch. 29
Finish reading Ch. 29
Interview notes are due Monday
- Review Ch. 18 letters– a review of specific textual evidence and tone
- Ch. 21– offensive to teachers? What happened?
- Ch. 22 aloud
Read Ch. 23-24
Quiz on Ch. 1-24 on Monday
- Ch. 18 (15 min) -19 (4 min)
- Love Letters–
- boys, write a letter to Becky from Tom
- girls, write a letter to Tom from Becky
Read Ch. 20 (9 min) -21 (14 min)
EXTRA CREDIT– 10 pts:
Boys, write a love letter from the perspective of Amy Lawrence to Tom Sawyer
Girls, write a love letter from the perspective of Alfred Temple to Becky